test4

Friday, October 2, 2009

Portfolio Update

A short update on my portfolio

My portfolio is mostly unchanged. However, I have shifted Starhill Global REIT from trading portfolio to dividends portfolio.

Dividends Basket -- Mainly for dividends
6 lots of SPH @ 3.65
6 lots Capital Commercial Trust @ 0.84
13 lots of CitySpring at 0.51 (7 lots from rights)
32 lots of Macquarie International Infrastructure Fund at 0.352
2 lots of ST Engg at 2.28
10 lots of Starhill Global Reit at 0.54
3 lots of Starhub at 1.91

The total cost here is about $60,494 and the expected average monthly dividends is about $426.

The downturn could be near, and I expect some of these to go into the red region. However, I will continue to hold them, and look forward to average down since my income now allows me to do more of such things.


Investment Basket -- Mainly because I like the business or for growth
5 lots of Breadtalk at 0.37
2 lots of Capitaland at 1.64 (averaged down by selling 1 lot at $3.50 before)

Looking forward eagerly to average down on these. I particularly like the company Breadtalk. Perhaps I shall post some research on this company.


Trading Basket -- Aiming for Capital Gain based mostly on Technicals
30 lots of Hor Kew at 0.125
20 lots of LC Dev at 0.21
2 lots of Cosco at 2.67

I might be looking to cut Hor Kew with some loss.

Someone commented in an earlier post on why I didn't cut Cosco early enough. Indeed, I just can't bear to cut it :(
(i) It was my very first stock bought. No technicals, no fundamentals, just bought blindly. Serves me right. Keeping it here will make it stick out like a sore thumb and remind me everytime of my folly.
(ii) I don't need the money yet, so I can just park it in to collect the dividends. So far, I have collected 70 dollars per lot.
(iii) I have more opportunity cash coming in, so it's still acceptable.
(iv) Cosco is a big company, and in the long run, it will definitely go up to at least $3.

Let's see how it goes then :(


Meanwhile, stock valuations are getting more and more unattractive. I'm shifting some of my salary to repay the CPF Education Loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment >>