test4

Friday, August 28, 2009

My Thoughts on STI

As we approach September, the path will get more treacherous...
Many analysts are talking about September ~ October as the beginning of the crash... With a contrarian approach, it most likely would not be at the Sep~Oct period, and with the analysis gathered from this thread, I've 3 scenarios (which can be considered duh)

1) Downturn already started.
2) Downturn starts in Nov/Dec.
3) As with DBS's count, we have only just completed major A of Primary B (shall post a chart on it soon)


However, my EW timeframe counts fall inside that same timeframe of Sep ~ Oct, which is not a contrarian conclusion.

Primary A took 17 months (I believe from Oct to Mar, since I observed 5 waves down)... so... would primary B be that short?

The timelines are quite clear now... If Pri B is 0.382 times of Pri A, that means 6.5 months... We would see the end of Pri B by October.

Other supporting reasons would be, within Pri B,
i) Int A ended on early June (3 months)
ii) Int B ended on mid july (1.2 months, 38.2% of int A)
iii) Int C probably same time length as int A, so mid July add 3 months. That's October as well!

So to me, the timeline falls in place for me...


But I might be wrong... Many are starting to feel quite bearish now..., and looking to exit their positions, opening shorts, etc...

For people with longer time frames, it's not a good time to long now, and it's certainly too opportunistic to raise shorts.

I'm expecting a wave 3 now, but it could be a wave 5 given the news and fundamentals, so I would probably sell UOB when the end of this wave is near, but keep the dividend stocks until all is clearer...

Lastly, with so much excess cash sidelines, there's still a remote possibility that this correction might be a A-B-C-X-A-B-C correction, that means 7 waves worth (we are only at the 3rd wave), and could possibly bring STI back to 3900 or beyond, resulting in a multi-year expanded flat. "Trade the trend until it breaks": raise shorts only when the uptrend has confirmed been broken...

As Dust at CNA Forum likes to say, a trader is not a perma bull or a perma bear, but a businessman and opportunist. A pre-emptive strike is not recommended...

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE READ!!Hello Guys!!! I am Caro I live in Ohio USA I’m 32 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from Adriano. My blank ATM card can withdraw $4,000 daily. I got it from Him last week and now I have withdrawn about $10,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met Adriano because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now Adriano sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to Adriano because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news Adriano's email address is adrianohackers01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment >>