test4

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Personal Goal 2010 Updates

We are now fresh into the Tiger Year! A quick look at my Goal 2010 and how far I have progressed:


1) Goal of achieving $1k average dividends per month, i.e. $12k dividends a year
With the divestment of MIIF and into Starhub, my average monthly dividends from my dividend portfolio is now $506.50. It has crossed the $500 mark.

If I include my 2 lots Capitaland (10.5 cts latest), 5 lots Breadtalk (1 cent) and 4 lots Singtel (6.2 cents) into the equation, it would be $569 on average per month.

The only question I have on myself is whether I should keep Singtel in the investing portfolio at my average of $2.99, or should I sell half or all of the lots when it reach my target price. $2.99 isn't high, not is it low; it's fairly priced to me. :(

3 more years to being a 30 year old geek nerd uncle cool dude... Would I be able to achieve a minimum of $2k dividends monthly by then???



2) Goal of setting up ExamWorld to a super big site to help more students
I have added a few more new questions plus written another article on how to be an effective student. Shall continue adding as and when I have the time.

Surprisingly, the click through rate at this site at the start of the year is pretty high. Perhaps many are looking for tuition teachers now? Traffic isn't exactly very high at the moment. I can only attribute to 2 things

i) Not enough exposure and links. Most students don't know such a help site yet.
ii) Not enough questions. I spread my effort among O level Physics, A maths, E maths, as well as A level Physics and Maths. More questions required.



3) Goal of achieving at least USD$20 per month in adsense income.
The last 3 months, I have achieved an average of $9, which is greater than my original $5. Thanks to all readers who found it any of the sponsors interesting :)

Traffic to this blog has increased to about 50 ~60 unique viewers a day, and about 200+ page views a day. The increase in page views could perhaps be attributed to me using the "After the jump" plugin, which allows me to post a short summary, and readers to click if they want to read more. This is necessary for me because I realised that I have different group of readers, some interested only in Technical Charts, some interested only in Fundamentals, some interested in both, some on my personal financial freedom journey, and others on financial matters not related to stocks. The summary allows readers to quickly scan through what's new or interesting, and to click to read more on it, rather than scrolling through a long blog post to reach the next.



4) Writing my own notes for my tuition students, and eventually be able to publish and sell to the different schools in Singapore
I haven't really started much on this because I had been procrastinating. However, I have come up with an idea and the format to write over the last few days.

I MUST START THIS ASAP!!!



5) Goal of reaching $200k networth in equities and MMF
As of now, my networth in equities and MMF adds up to nearly $125k. At the positive side, this is 1/8 of a million! However, the ardous journey is still long. I really wonder how I can achieve $75k savings for the remaining 10 months; that would require an average of $7.5k savings per month! Divine help anyone? The main belief I have is, aim for something high, so that even if you fail, your direction will still be correct most of the time. Ganbatte to myself!

Every time I think of this, I would wonder how life would be like without National Service. I would be 25 years old instead of 27, and still have the same amount of networth :( Well, that's the life of a Singaporean guy who didn't get a SAF scholarship.



How far have you progressed on your goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment >>