test4

Thursday, April 1, 2010

March 2010 Portfolio

March went past rather smoothly (or rather, stagnantly)

My portfolio changes consist of an additional purchase of AIMSAMPIREIT after some calculations of their yield. In addition, I will consider myself as having 1 bonus lot of Breadtalk at 0.37 since I have 5 to begin with.

As I progress along this journey, I've decided to combine my investing and dividends basket into one basket since they are basically quite similar. That means I will only have 2 baskets from now on: Long term holdings and Trading... And as time continues to tick, I'll be getting busier and busier, so I guess the amount of longer term holdings will increase more proportionately than any possible trading...


This is a short summary of my holdings:


The total cost is about $100,915, while the market value is about $120,255. This represents an unrealised gain of 19%.

The total annual dividends from this combination is $8099, representing an average of $659 monthly, sufficient to cover most of my basic expenses.




As for those in the trading baskets (which I failed to cut loss or employ correct trading strategies), they are still largely in red. The paper loss here is about $6940 on a cost of $25,210. Hor Kew and Cosco should be providing dividends soon, and I will treat the dividends as a return of capital and use it to offset the cost price of these stocks.

Trading Basket -- Hoping to sell off 

(red = freezer stocks to remind myself of my mistakes)
30 lots of Hor Kew at 0.125
20 lots of LC Dev at 0.21
2 lots of Cosco at 2.67
60 lots of Berlian Laju at 0.117
20 lots of China Sky at 0.245


As the market climbs further, the risks of buying increases higher and higher, while the margin of safety gets lower and lower. I have some spare opportunity funds at the moment. Let's see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Comment >>