test4

Friday, January 27, 2012

Berlian Laju suspended!

I had previously posted about Berlian Laju here:
http://wealthbuch.blogspot.com/2010/10/berlian-laju.html

This was a purchase from a long time ago. I had the opportunity twice to cut loss with $800 loss, but I didn't. It ballooned to $10k.

Too bad my bet didn't work out... Probably have to write off 10k from my portfolio.

Lessons learned:
1) If you don't cut loss early enough when things looks wrong, the loss will cut you deeper.
2) A TA purchase should be given TA treatment. Do not switch to FA or hope treatment. Vice versa.

Returning almost all of 2011 dividends to the market through this single counter. Thanks Mr. Market for the lessons :)



On the bright side, my rubbish counters have reduced by 1.

8 comments:

  1. tough luck. I too thought that the cabotage policy would be to its advantage. In anycase, it is suspended to restructure its debt, so you might still get something from it however little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I did think the cabotage policy would have helped it... But we wouldn't know what happened so far away in another country :)

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your loss. If it makes you feel better, we all lose money in the stock market =) Sometimes we are just too shy to admit it. In investing, there will always be risk. That is where asset allocation comes in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi FF!!!
      Been a long time :)

      I always tell people who are new to the market, don't just listen to the stories of others earning money. Must also listen to stories of losing!

      Win, lose, all are just part of the game :)
      I have already written this off a long time ago and left the cash there as a gamble... Apparently the gamble did not pay off... but so be it!

      Delete
  3. You are not alone. So far I kena two ZERO-baggers.

    Initially suspended and followed by de-listing and then received two pieces of toilet paper to paste at the wall to remind me of my foolishness :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CW88,

      胜败乃兵家常事

      I understand that very well :)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Hi JW,

    I feel your pain. I am slightly luckier. I cut loss on FSL after the Japan earthquake last year.
    The shipping industry is under pressure now.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi DW,

      shipping is indeed bad now. It may take quite a long time before recovery is in sight :x

      Never mind, our telcos are still doing well at the moment :)

      Delete

Please Comment >>