test4

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November Portfolio Update

November was quite a volatile month.

The main additions to my portfolio are

1) Saizen Reit. I added another 40 lots at 0.155 during the recent selldown, bringing my total to 140 lots. Hope I won't get to regret it :)

I was watching out for SingPost and Singtel, but they did not reach my target price yet. Will continue to watch out.



A short summary of my core holdings:


Portfolio cost: $148k
Portfolio value: $173k
Percentage gain: 17.06%

Dividends reached $1025/mth on average, after the additional 40 lots of Saizen REIT. Dividends came in from Starhill, GRP and LC Dev this month. I'm looking forward to receiving the dividends from SPH, Starhub, CitySpring and AIMSAMPIREIT next month, and I have already spend these dividends on a new All-in-one PC from Dell (Price $2k). It's my personal reward for myself for achieving my $200k goal, and I'm buying the PC purely from cash dividends. :)

LC Dev is calling for a rights issue, and I think I will subscribe for it and see how it goes.

Adding to the $28k in the basket I hope to sell off at the bottom, my total cost stands at $177k, an increase from the previous month's $170k. Adding these to my MMF units, I have reached near $202k. I have not included include the rights issue for LC Dev yet.



Trading Basket -- Hoping to sell off

I want to sell these off when I can, or cut loss when I can take the loss :(
Portfolio cost: $28.6k
Portfolio value: $19.7k
Loss of around $8.9k



(red = freezer stocks to remind myself of my mistakes)
30 lots of Hor Kew at 0.125
20 lots of LC Dev at 0.21
2 lots of Cosco at 2.67 ===> After seeing how Berlian Laju behaves, I'm starting to like this stock, and might move it to part of my core holdings eventually. I will need some more time to read up more here.
160 lots of Berlian Laju at 0.065
20 lots of China Sky at 0.245

I might be re-looking Cosco, Hor Kew and LC Dev to decide if I want to keep it in my main portfolio.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Any thought on Cityspring in view of the recent debt problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, have your considereed Pacific Shipping trust as your dividend play?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi axt,

    I would wait for further details before deciding. My average price is at 51c with quite a few amount of dividends received, so no hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anonymous,

    PST is on my watchlist, but I'm not in a hurry to get it. USD is dropping I believe. While the yield remains the same since the counter is denominated in USD, it's would pose a different form of analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering, why is LC Dev a mistake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ci5000,

    it's because I bought it due to TA, but I didn't practice TA discipline on it. It's a TA mistake.

    I have not done any FA on it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Please Comment >>